300 Proverbs about Gives / Page 15
281. Dark ground gives good bread; white ground is quickly tired.
282. The man who marries gives up liberty and accepts responsibility and it's said: The poor guy, who would have thought it.
283. A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses.
284. Cast no dirt into the well that gives you water.
285. He who gives when he is asked has waited too long.
286. It is prosperity that gives us friends, adversity that proves them.
287. If he gives you a rope, tie him with it.
288. A good chief gives, he does not take.
289. God gives us each a song.
290. A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.
291. The hand which gives is better than the one which receives
292. God forgives the sin of gluttony.
293. Though it is the hand that gives, the man must be thanked.
294. He who gives alms to the poor faces heaven.
295. Young suga-cane gives no beer.
296. A good chief gives, he does not take.
297. Experience is a comb which nature gives to men when they are bald.
298. When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
299. What nature gives us is not refused.
300. Mutual affection gives each his share.
Quotes related to Gives by Power Quotations