35 Israeli Proverbs.
1. A bird that you set free may be caught again, but a word that escapes your lips will not return.
2. A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
3. A mother understands what a child does not say.
4. A pessimist, confronted with two bad choices, chooses both.
5. A slave shows his true character, not while he is enslaved but when he becomes a master.
6. All things grow with time - except grief.
7. Ask about your neighbors, then buy the house.
8. Commit a sin twice and it will not seem a crime.
9. Do not respond to a barking dog.
10. Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
11. Don't be too sweet lest you be eaten up; don't be too bitter lest you be spewed out.
12. Everything revolves around bread and death.
13. God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.
14. He who puts up with insult invites injury.
15. If God lived on earth, people would break his windows.
16. If the rich could hire someone else to die for them, the poor would make a wonderful living.
17. If there is bitterness in the heart, sugar in the mouth won't make life sweeter.
18. If you can't go over, you must go under.
19. If you want your dreams to come true, don't sleep.
20. In choosing a friend, go up a step.