42 Lamba Proverbs
1. A bone does not bring itself, it is people that bring it.
2. A case is not to be decided from one mouth.
3. A child one does not instruct on return, one instructs him when going.
4. A kingdom's strength is in mutual honor.
5. A redeemer of people is a walker with people.
6. A stick one bends while it is still green.
7. Adjoining houses always burn.
8. Chieftanship is not infectious.
9. Cunning comes to an end, what remains is folly.
10. Cut of the sick part while it is still small.
11. Dance, father, people's eyes don't eat, they just stare.
12. Days are many, what is one is life.
13. Days cannot be tied in a bundle.
14. Even if we eat, earth will eventually enter our mouth.
15. Even if you are cunning, you will not tie water up in a bale of grass.
16. Even if your bee-hive has no honey in it, you shouldn't break it up.
17. He was entrapped by the evening, it has cost him his marriage.
18. Hunger has no friend.
19. It is the grass that knows where the snake goes.
20. Just one by one white hairs have come, and thus have they grown.