828 Traditional Proverbs.
1. "They say" is often a great liar.
2. A bad penny always turns up.
3. A bad workman always blames his tools.
4. A beetle is a beauty in the eyes of his mother.
5. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
6. A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses.
7. A bleeding sheep loses a bite.
8. A bolt does not always fall when it thunders.
9. A cat has nine lives.
10. A cat may look at a king.
11. A chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
12. A chip on the shoulder indicates wood higher up.
13. A colt is worth little if it does not break its halter.
14. A constant guest is never welcome.
15. A dimple in the chin, a devil within.
16. A disease known is half cured.
17. A dog that barks much is never a good hunter.
18. A drop of honey catches more flies than a hogshead of vinegar.
19. A drowning man will clutch at a straw.
20. A fine cage won't feed the bird.