53 Georgian Proverbs / Page 2
21. Men prefer the wife of another but love their own sons more.
22. Mewing cats catch no mice.
23. One blind man followed the other and they both fell into the ditch.
24. One dirty pig pollutes others.
25. Only the dumb can silence the chatterer.
26. The buzzing of the flies does not turn them into bees.
27. The cat which did not reach the sausage said: Anyhow it is Friday.
28. The cat would eat fish, but would not wet her feet.
29. The dog was asked: Why do you bark? - To scare the wolves. - Why do you wag your tail? -What do you think, am I not afraid of wolves?
30. The eyeless ant asked God: Give me eye-lashes.
31. The eyeless ant asked God: Give me eye-lashes.
32. The eyeless ant asked God: Give me eye-lashes.
33. The fox which was caught in a snare called: If I shall not get the whole chicken, I will not be satisfied with the drumstick.
34. The lucky fellow loses his wife, the unlucky fellow loses his horse.
35. The mother said "I will die", the wife said "I will marry", and in the meantime the house is full of dirt.
36. The person in a hurry usually arrives late.
37. The rich eat when they want, the poor when they can.
38. The right balance depends on the weigher.
39. The rooster said, "I shall cry but whether the sun rises God knows."
40. The smile of a rose uplifts the nightingale.