53 Georgian Proverbs / Page 3
41. The tall one wouldn't bend; the short one wouldn't stretch and the kiss was lost.
42. The wolf told the dog: It does not matter that I run and you follow me, what matters is that when I turn around you will be next to me.
43. The world can be conquered with words, but not with drawn swords.
44. Thousands of men were murdered because of their beautiful wives.
45. Whatever the wind brings he takes away with him.
46. When they came to milk the cow she said "I am an ox", and when they came to harness her she said "I am a cow".
47. When three people say you are drunk, go to sleep.
48. When you put your nose into the water your cheeks get wet as well.
49. Whoever I love is the most beautiful.
50. You cackle in our place but you lay your eggs at someone else's place.
51. You can better drink from a small well with soft water than from the salty sea.
52. You can buy 'em but they don't stay bought.
53. You can conquer the whole world with words, but not with drawn swords.