53 Georgian Proverbs.
1. "I have a lot to say," said the fish, "but my mouth is full of water."
2. A church without a leader is prey for the devil.
3. A communal field is ruined by the bears.
4. A golden plate is worth nothing to me when my blood is spilled on it.
5. A mother will understand what her dumb son says.
6. A Tatar says to a Tatar: Call me Aga and I will call you Aga, and we shall both be Agas.
7. Better your own copper than another man's gold.
8. Beware of the front of a bull, the back of a horse and both sides of a blind man.
9. Blood vessels are not cleaned with blood.
10. Catch the bird before you build a cage.
11. Do not blame the sun for the darkness of the night.
12. Give a blind man eyes and he will ask for eyebrows.
13. God is the comfort of the poor.
14. God laughs at man's proposal.
15. He who is in a hurry always arrives late.
16. If the moon helps me I will scoff at the stars.
17. If women were really good, God would be married.
18. If you forgive the fox for stealing your chickens, he will take your sheep.
19. If you give a man nuts then give him something to crack them with.
20. In a place without dogs they teach the cats to bark.