49 Ashanti Proverbs / Page 3
41. When a woman is hungry, she says, "Roast something for the children that they might eat."
42. When rain beats on a leopard it wets it, but rain does not wash out its spots.
43. When the cock is drunk, he forgets about the hawk.
44. When the fool is told a proverb, its meaning has to be explained to him.
45. When you are rich, you are hated; when you are poor, you are despised.
46. When you follow in the path of your father, you learn to walk like him.
47. When you go to someone else's house and the owner is squatting there on the ground, you do not ask for a stool.
48. Wood already touched by fire is not hard to set alight.
49. You must act as if it is impossible to fail.