49 Ashanti Proverbs / Page 2
21. It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
22. It is the fool's sheep that break loose twice.
23. It's a bad child who does not take advice.
24. Money is sharper than a sword.
25. No one tests the depth of a river with both feet.
26. One cannot both feast and become rich.
27. One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.
28. Only when you have crossed the river, can you say the crocodile has a lump on his snout.
29. Rain beats a leopard's skin, but it does not wash out the spots.
30. The moon moves slowly, but it crosses the town.
31. The poor man and the rich man do not play together.
32. The ruin of a nation begins in the homes of its people.
33. There is no medicine to cure hatred.
34. True power comes through cooperation and silence.
35. Two men in a burning house must not stop to argue.
36. Two small antelopes can beat a big one.
37. What is bad luck for one man is good luck for another.
38. When a king has good counselors, his reign is peaceful.
39. When a man is coming toward you, you need not say: "Come here."
40. When a man is wealthy, he may wear an old cloth.