49 Ashanti Proverbs.
1. A lie can annihilate a thousand truths.
2. A wise man who knows proverbs, reconciles difficulties.
3. By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed.
4. Do not call the forest that shelters you a jungle.
5. Do not follow the path. Go where there is no path to begin the trail.
6. Do not let what you cannot do tear from your hands what you can.
7. Even though the old man is strong and hearty, he will not live forever.
8. Fire and gunpowder do not sleep together.
9. Force against force equals more force.
10. He is a fool whose sheep runs away twice.
11. He who cannot dance will say: The drum is bad.
12. He who is guilty is the one that has much to say.
13. Hunger is felt by a slave and hunger is felt by a king.
14. If nothing touches the palm-leaves they do not rustle.
15. If you are in hiding, don't light a fire.
16. If you are on a road to nowhere, find another road.
17. If you understand the beginning well, the end will not trouble you.
18. It is difficult to throw a stone at a lizard that is clinging to a pot.
19. It is Mr. Old-Man-Monkey who marries Mrs. Old-Woman-Monkey.
20. It is no shame at all to work for money.