56 Ukrainian Proverbs / Page 3
41. The obliging fool is worse than an enemy.
42. The tavern is far, but I will walk carefully.
43. The word "enough" does not exist for water, fire, and women.
44. There are many lies but barely one truth.
45. There are no old friendships in business.
46. Those sitting above can easily spit on those below.
47. To see a friend no road is too long.
48. When the flag is unfurled, all reason is in the trumpet.
49. When you enter a great enterprise, free your soul from weakness.
50. Who gives in need, gives double.
51. Who laughs at you also cries for you.
52. Wisdom is in the head, not in the beard.
53. With a friendly word you get farther than with a club.
54. You can get farther with a friendly word than with a club.
55. You don't really see the world if you only look through your own window.
56. Your head is not only for putting a hat on.