56 Ukrainian Proverbs
1. A crow will never be a falcon.
2. A friendly word is better than a heavy cake.
3. A hungry wolf is stronger than a satisfied dog.
4. A woman is not a harmonica that you put aside when you have used it.
5. A woman's beauty cannot warm a winter's night.
6. Black souls wear white shirts.
7. Borrowed bread lies heavy on the stomach.
8. Deficiencies come by the kilo and go by the gram.
9. Drink a glass of wine after your soup and you will be stealing a ruble from the doctor.
10. Drunkards know no danger.
11. Every disadvantage has its advantage.
12. Fire begins with sparks.
13. Fire starts with sparks.
14. Flies will not land on a boiling pot.
15. Fools love not the wise, drunkards love not the sober.
16. God is looking for those who come to Him.
17. God sits on high and he sees far.
18. He is guilty who is not at home.
19. He who licks knives will soon cut his tongue.
20. If the devil is powerless, send him a woman.