85 Norwegian Proverbs / Page 2
21. Early bird gets the worm.
22. Every family has its hanger-on.
23. Everybody's friend is true to none.
24. Fish bite best on a golden hook.
25. Gather and spare can last long.
26. Given counsel is all the same hard to take.
27. Good fortune is loaned, not owned.
28. He that lies on the floor doesn't fall down.
29. He who does no evil does a lot of good.
30. He who has a dog need not bark himself.
31. He who leaves a good name does not die poor.
32. Heroism consists of hanging on one minute longer.
33. If the glacier perceives a headless army is clumsy, it feels a sort of emphatic guilt, I dare say.
34. In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen, and the Queen will answer.
35. In the game no one is brother to others.
36. It is better to be a free man in a small house than a slave in a big one.
37. It is better to feed one cat than many mice.
38. It is the great north wind that made the Vikings.
39. It is the law that judges, not the judge.
40. It's no shame to look into the warm spring sun and regret a lost limb.