85 Norwegian Proverbs
1. A blushing lie is better than the pale truth.
2. A boy's will is the will of the wind.
3. A hero is one who knows how to hang on one minute longer.
4. A little thing can ruin the whole thing.
5. A sip at a time empties the cask.
6. A small but excellent party, said the man, he was drinking alone.
7. All weather is passing.
8. An empty head gets the easiest sleep.
9. Ask for advice, and then use your brain.
10. Ask for advice, then use your head.
11. Bad is called good when worse happens.
12. Behind the clouds the sky is always blue.
13. Better a free bird than a king in captivity.
14. Better an iron dictatorship than a golden anarchy.
15. Better early than late.
16. Black soil produces white bread.
17. Blood is thicker than water.
18. Burnt child fears fire.
19. Don't cross the stream to find water.
20. Dont sell the skin, until you have shot the bear.