99 Filipino Proverbs / Page 2
21. Coincidence defeats a well-laid plan.
22. Don't empty the water jar until the rain falls.
23. Don't put your trust in Fortune until you are in heaven.
24. Don't trust in fortune until you are in heaven.
25. Every community has its own customs and traditions.
26. He who believes in hearsay does himself a disservice.
27. He who boasts of his accomplishments will heap ridicule on himself.
28. He who cackled is the guilty party.
29. He who does not know to look where he came from will never get to his destination.
30. He who does not love their national language is worse than a putrid fish.
31. He who gives alms to the poor faces heaven.
32. He who quits does not win, he who wins does not quit.
33. He who sowed wind, reaps a typhoon.
34. He who speaks too much works too little.
35. I love cheese and Pepsi, too.
36. If a bamboo tube makes a loud sound, it is empty.
37. If the horse is already dead more hay will not help it.
38. If you are going a long way, go slowly.
39. If you buy things you don't need, you will soon be selling things you do need.
40. If you make a habit of buying things you do not need, you will soon be selling things you do.