99 Filipino Proverbs.
1. A brave man will face a situation no matter how dreadful.
2. A broom is sturdy because its strands are tightly bound.
3. A clear conscience is far more valuable than money.
4. A clear conscience is more valuable than wealth.
5. A country without freedom is like a prisoner with shackled hands.
6. A desperate person will even hold on to a knife edge.
7. A fly that lands on a carabao feels itself to be higher than the carabao.
8. A monkey dressed up is still a monkey.
9. A person who is outwardly calm has anger raging inside.
10. A sincere invitation is accompanied by a pull.
11. A year's care, a minute's ruin.
12. A young branch can be straightened, a mature one breaks.
13. Acts tough but really a wimp.
14. Alertness and courage are life's shield.
15. An intelligent monkey can still be beaten.
16. Avoiding danger is not cowardice. Courage without discretion is no good.
17. Bad grass does not die easily.
18. Borrowed clothes are either too tight or too loose.
19. Caution minimizes loss.
20. Children who get everything they ask for seldom succeed in life.