44 Zimbabwean Proverbs
1. A borrowed fiddle does not finish a tune.
2. A bull is not known in two herds.
3. A careful hyena lives a long time.
4. A coward has no scar.
5. A grilled locust is better than no soup.
6. A ripened fruit does not cling to the vine.
7. A weaning baby that does not cry aloud, will die on its mothers back.
8. A wise mans ink lasts until only the stupid remain.
9. A woman is attractive when she is somebody else's wife.
10. An elephant's tusks are never too heavy for it.
11. Annoy your doctor and sickness comes in laughing.
12. Between true friends even water drunk together is sweet enough.
13. Blood is the sweat of heroes.
14. Dance in the sun, but turn your back to the clouds.
15. Don't throw out the old pot until you have the tinker makes a new one.
16. Every elephant has to carry its own trunk around.
17. Every woman beautiful till she speaks.
18. Everyone carries around his own witches.
19. Gifts is the key to the female heart.
20. God is good, but never dance with a lion.