19 Zanzibar Proverbs.
1. A baby that does not cry will die on its mother's back.
2. A fruit tree that grows in a dung heap will certainly blossom.
3. A gentle breeze blowing in the right direction is better than a pair of strong oars.
4. A man without a wife is a man without a house.
5. An empty sack can't stand up; a full sack cannot bend.
6. Foam will always find its way to the shore.
7. If you think your bundle of dirty clothes is too heavy, try picking up your neighbor's.
8. Maybe my canoe is bigger than yours, but the sea is the same. If there are no fish, we both go hungry.
9. Never pick up what you didn't put down.
10. No matter how fast moonlight runs, daylight catches up.
11. The bigger the pot the more rice will stick to it.
12. The bucket goes down the well every day -- some day it won't come up again.
13. The death throes of an elephant are not so annoying as a living flea.
14. There is reason in the roasting of eggs.
15. Time is longer than a rope.
16. Unless you know the road you've come down, you can not know where you are going.
17. When you play the flute in Zanzibar all Africa dances.
18. Willing is a good man, but Able is a better one.
19. Women and glass are always in danger.
19 Zanzibar Proverbs