38 Zambian Proverbs / Page 2.
21. Jump over a log but not over your neighbor's word.
22. Lies have short legs.
23. Many are the eyes of the person whose spouse commits adultery.
24. One who enters a forest does not listen to the breaking of the twigs in the brush.
25. The king lives way up where the stench of the poor cannot reach him.
26. The shark who has eaten cannot swim with the shark that is hungry.
27. Things that are stolen will really never make you rich.
28. To get rid of anger, first weed out the bitter roots.
29. To give is to put.
30. Treat the days well and they will treat you well.
31. When you run alone, you run fast. When you run together, you run far.
32. When you show the moon to a child, it sees only your finger.
33. When your luck deserts you, even cold food burns.
34. Where God cooks, there is no smoke.
35. You can trust your brother, your father, your mother, but never your wife.
36. You have to look after wealth, but knowledge looks after you.
37. You learn a lot about a man by his behavior when hungry.
38. Your feet will take you away from home, but your stomach will always bring you back.