43 Yugoslavian Proverbs.
1. A good name reaches far but a bad one reaches farther.
2. A good rest is half the job.
3. A good rest is half the work.
4. A man shows in his youth what he will be in his age.
5. Boast to a stranger, complain only to your friends.
6. Complain to the one who can help you.
7. Condemn a man within earshot; praise him at a distance.
8. Don't go selling the hide while the bear remains in the hole.
9. Don't guild the lily.
10. Everyone will sit on a little donkey.
11. Grain by grain, a loaf; stone by stone, a castle.
12. He is not honest who has burned his tongue and does not tell the company the soup is hot.
13. He who does not know how to serve cannot know how to command.
14. He who humbles himself too much gets trampled upon.
15. He who is late may gnaw the bones.
16. He who works has much; he who saves, still more.
17. Hours once lost cannot be regained.
18. I am scratching myself where I am itching.
19. If envy would burn, there would be no need for wood.
20. If ever you should need my life, come and take it.