35 Yemeni Proverbs.
1. A bird in hand is worth ten in a tree.
2. A destroyer can defeat thousands of earthenware makers.
3. A foreigner should be well-behaved.
4. A friend in time of need is a friend indeed.
5. A hungry dog will eat his own excrement.
6. A monkey in its mother's eye is like a gazelle.
7. A mule driver is not aware of the stink of his animals.
8. A sick person is a prisoner.
9. A white piastre for a black day.
10. Do not sigh, for your enemy will hear and rejoice.
11. Every sickness begins in the stomach.
12. From a pound of talk, an ounce of understanding.
13. Having grey hair because of old age is not a shame.
14. He who eats well is able to face an army.
15. He who has no job should search for a camel.
16. He who is patient is always successful.
17. He whose money increases doesn't feel satisfied with his wife.
18. If speech is of silver, silence is golden.
19. If the time has passed, there is no point in preparing.
20. If you give people nuts, you'll get shells thrown at you.