54 Xhosa Proverbs.
1. A brand burns him who stirs it up.
2. A dog of the wind.
3. A person who will not take advice gets knowledge when trouble overtakes him.
4. A spy for both.
5. Bakuba is far away, no person ever reached it.
6. Guluwe's two of yesterday.
7. He has drunk the juice of the flower of the wild aloe.
8. He has fastened a dog to a shrub.
9. He has gone in pursuit of the birds of the sea.
10. He is a buck of an endless forest.
11. He is ripe inside, like a water-melon.
12. I rejoice that Kolomba's mother is dead.
13. I, the adhesive grass, will stick fast to you.
14. If we blink the eyes in order not to see a wicked person, how shall we be able to see a good person?
15. It dies and rises like the moon.
16. It has stuck fast by one of the front legs.
17. It is a cob stripped of maize in an ashpit.
18. It is not every one who is a son of Gaika.
19. It is the foot of a baboon.
20. It is the seed of the umya.