17 West African Proverbs.
1. A hare is like an ass in the length of its ears, yet it is not its son.
2. A talkative bird will not build a nest.
3. A tattler is war than a thief.
4. At the bottom of patience one finds heaven.
5. By crawling, a child learns to stand.
6. Earth is but a marketplace; heaven is home.
7. Everybody loves a fool, but nobody wants him for a son.
8. Everybody loves a lord.
9. Fear is no obstacle to death.
10. Not to know is bad; not to wish to know is worse.
11. Perhaps you do not understand me because you do not love me.
12. Silence is also speech.
13. Sorrow doesn't kill -- reckless joy does.
14. The teeth that laugh are also those that bite.
15. What you cannot see during the day, you will not see at night.
16. When the mouth stumbles, it is worse than the foot.
17. When the music changes, so does the dance.
17 West African Proverbs