17 Walloon Proverbs.
1. A tree falls the way it leans.
2. Beauty is not so much what you see as what you dream.
3. Better warn than be warned.
4. Do what you want, but make sure you are first.
5. Don't make use of another's mouth unless it has been leant to you.
6. Fat geese don't fly far.
7. He started with nothing and still he has just his begging bag.
8. He who keeps his mouth shut, dies without confession.
9. In dark weather the devil is in the air.
10. The best ointment comes in small boxes.
11. The chemist doesn't smell his own medicine.
12. The more the billy goat stinks, the more the nanny goat loves him.
13. The tail is always the most difficult part to skin.
14. Three hairs are quickly combed.
15. When two poor men help each other, God laughs.
16. White flowers are not to be found in a coal sack.
17. You only know saints by their miracles.
17 Walloon Proverbs