18 Venezuelan Proverbs.
1. A good friend will fit you like ring to finger.
2. A mother has little love for a son who did not give her pain.
3. Blood is inherited and virtue is acquired.
4. Blood is inherited; character is earned.
5. For a new sin, a new penance.
6. For the ugly vice of begging, there's the virtue of not giving.
7. He who abandons his family, god forsakes him.
8. He who doesn't look ahead gets left behind.
9. He who would be a redeemer ends up crucified.
10. Join with good men and you will be one of them.
11. One sword keeps another in its scabbard.
12. Proverbs in conversation are torches in darkness.
13. The man to whom god gives no children, the devil gives nieces and nephews.
14. There is nothing hidden between Heaven and Earth.
15. There is nothing like leather.
16. There is nothing lost by civility.
17. Treat the lesser as you would have the greater treat you.
18. When the hare leaps, there are no lame greyhounds.
18 Venezuelan Proverbs