57 Ugandan Proverbs / Page 3
41. The lucky eagle kills a mouse that has eaten salt.
42. The man with one wife is the boss of all bachelors.
43. The path to your heart's desire is never overgrown.
44. The peacemaker dies, while the fighters survive.
45. The person who has not traveled widely thinks his or her mother is the best cook.
46. The tongue of co-wives is bitter.
47. Water that has been begged for does not quench the thirst.
48. What is inside a package is known only to its owner.
49. When the master is away, the frogs hop in.
50. When the moon is not full, the stars shine more brightly.
51. When throne into the sea the stone said, 'after all, this is also a home.'
52. When two elephants fight the grass gets trampled.
53. Where flies are eaten, eat them.
54. With wealth one wins a woman.
55. Women have no chiefs.
56. You can burn down a house, but can you hide the smoke?
57. You must judge a woman by the taste of her soup.