57 Ugandan Proverbs.
1. 'my mother is indeed the best baby carrier,' says the baby.
2. A dog with a bone in his mouth cannot bite you.
3. A roaring lion kills no game.
4. A sheep does not lament the death of a goat's kid.
5. A strawberry blossom will not moisten dry bread.
6. An elephant can never fail to carry its tusks.
7. An infertile woman gets a lot of visitors.
8. An ugly girl does not become old at home.
9. Ask help from the spirits after having used all your strength.
10. Caution is not cowardice; even the ants march armed.
11. Death is a scar that never heals.
12. Do not belittle what you did not cultivate.
13. Empty hands only please their owner.
14. Even the mightiest eagle comes down to the treetops to rest.
15. Familiarity is like the sea that kills the fisherman.
16. He who hunts two rats, catches none.
17. He who is bitten by a snake fears a lizard.
18. He who loves, loves you with your dirt.
19. He who tells no lies will not grow up.
20. If a woman sees a stick for beating her rival, she will throw it away in the woods.