15 Uganda Proverbs.
1. A good harvest does not grow with ease; the more diligent the farmer, the more bountiful the crop.
2. Beautiful from behind, ugly in front.
3. Even the mightest eagle comes down to the tree tops to rest.
4. Even the mightiest eagle comes down to the tree tops to rest.
5. He who has not traveled thinks that his mother is the best cook in the world.
6. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
7. One does not follow the footprints in the water.
8. One should never rub bottoms with a porcupine.
9. The hunter in pursuit of an elephant does not stop to throw stones at birds.
10. The mother of the big he-goat has no horns.
11. The mother's breast cannot get leprosy.
12. To heal the lovers aching heart, Give him a virgin to wed.
13. When a man is in trouble he smokes.
14. When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers.
15. Women have no court.
15 Uganda Proverbs