390 Swedish Proverbs.
1. A bad reputation is seldom completely amiss.
2. A bashful dog rarely gets fat.
3. A bee does not touch a withered flower.
4. A bird in the hand is worth more than ten in the bush.
5. A brother's wrath is a devil's wrath.
6. A business is good, when both parties make a good bargain.
7. A child is a certain sorrow and uncertain joy.
8. A fly doesn't harm anyone.
9. A hard-working man is worth more than a crowd of loafers.
10. A hardworking man is better than a crowd of loafers.
11. A hundred tailors, a hundred millers, and a hundred weavers make three hundred thieves.
12. A lazy thief is better than a lazy servant.
13. A life without love is like a year without summer.
14. A man without money is like a boat without sails.
15. A nice face is the best letter of recommendation.
16. A peacock has too little in its head and too much in its tail.
17. A piece of bread in the pocket is better than a feather in the hat.
18. A piece of bread in your pocket is better than a feather in your hat.
19. A quarrel between brothers costs soul and life.
20. A soft answer calms the wrath.