2246 Spanish Proverbs / Page 2
21. A bully is always a coward.
22. A buxom widow must be married, buried, or cloistered.
23. A capon eight months old is fit for a king's table.
24. A change is as good as a rest.
25. A child of a year old sucks milk from the heel.
26. A constant guest is never welcome.
27. A covetous abbot for one offering loses a hundred.
28. A cracked bell will never be sound.
29. A crazy vessel never falls from the hand.
30. A creaking door hangs longest.
31. A daily guest is a thief in the kitchen.
32. A day of fasting is the eve of a feast.
33. A day without bread lasts long.
34. A determined heart will not be counselled.
35. A devotee's face, and a cat's claws.
36. A dog does not always bark at the front gate.
37. A dog won't bite you if you are carrying a stick.
38. A donkey decked in gold is better than an over-laden horse.
39. A fair-weather friend changes with the wind.
40. A fast day is the eve of a feast day.