27 Sierra Leonean Proverbs
1. A black cow also gives white milk.
2. A hundred aunts is not the same as one mother.
3. A paddle here, a paddle there -- the canoe stays still.
4. An elephant's head is no load for a child.
5. An orange never bears a lime.
6. Death is the key that will open a miser's coffers.
7. Do not tell the man who is carrying you that he stinks.
8. Even though chickens don't wash, their eggs are still white.
9. He who refuses a gift will not fill his barn.
10. He who upsets something should know how to put it back again.
11. However full the house, the hen finds a corner to lay in.
12. I grew up among wise men and found that there is nothing better for man than silence.
13. If you climb up a tree, you must climb down the same tree.
14. Invite people into your parlor, and they will come into your bedroom.
15. It is better to be loved than feared.
16. It is the wandering dog that finds the old bone.
17. Knowledge is not the main thing, but deeds.
18. Knowledge without practice makes but half an artist.
19. Only a monkey understands a monkey.
20. Proverbs are the children of experience.