61 Senegalese Proverbs.
1. ‘There can be no peace without understanding.
2. A healthy ear can stand hearing sick words.
3. A lobster loves water, but not when he's being cooked in it.
4. A rotten fish pollutes the whole kitchen.
5. A tree that grows in the shade of another one will die small.
6. All birds will flock to a fruitful tree.
7. Ambition begets troubles.
8. An empty belly has no ears.
9. An intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend.
10. An intelligent enemy is worth more than a stupid friend.
11. An intelligent foe is better than a stupid friend.
12. Don't try to make someone hate the person he loves, for he will still go on loving, but he will hate you.
13. Eat coconuts while you have teeth.
14. Even Buddhist priests of the same temple quarrel occasionally.
15. Even the fall of a dancer is a somersault.
16. Haste and hurry can only bear children with many regrets along the way.
17. He may say that he loves you, wait and see what he does for you.
18. If a centipede loses a leg, it does not prevent him from walking.
19. If the dog is not at home, he barks not.
20. If the eye do not admire, the heart will not desire.