1393 Scottish Proverbs
1. A bad reaper never gets a good sickle.
2. A bad wound may heal, but a bad name will kill.
3. A bawbee cat may look at a king.
4. A begun turn is half ended.
5. A bird in the hand is worth twa in the bush.
6. A bird in the hand's worth twa fleeing by.
7. A bird in the hand's worth two fleeing by.
8. A bit but and a bit ben maks a mim maiden at the board end.
9. A black hen lays a white egg.
10. A blate cat makes a proud mouse.
11. A blind man needs no looking glass.
12. A blyth heart makes a blomand visage.
13. A blythe heart makes a blooming look.
14. A bold foe is better than a cowardly friend.
15. A child may have too much of his mother's blessing.
16. A close mouth catches nae fleas.
17. A cock is valiant on his own dunghill.
18. A cock's aye cruse on his ain midden-head.
19. A cold needs the cook as much as the doctor.
20. A crook in the forth is worth an earldom in the north.