22 Rwandese Proverbs.
1. A friend who visits you when you are suffering is your best friend.
2. A hoe made small from loving work came to visit and together we cultivated our relationship. When united everything is possible.
3. A large eye does not mean keen vision.
4. A stone that is visible cannot destroy a hoe.
5. Close the door and beat the dog.
6. Even if an animal comes to you for protection, you give it sanctuary.
7. From the word of an elder is derived a bone.
8. God spends the day elsewhere, but he always spends the night in Rwanda.
9. If we remember the quarrels and mistakes of yesterday, we will never have someone to party together with us.
10. If you call a piece of wood 'child', you can never use it to light fire since it has become so precious.
11. If you care for healing the tooth of a Tutsi that he recovers, he will surely bite you to-morrow.
12. If you teach a Hutu in flinging a spear he will definitely send it into your stomach.
13. It is only when someone kills a madman that people will know he has relatives.
14. Nobody hates himself more than he who hates others.
15. Rain falls on everyone, but one person gets wetter than the rest.
16. Real fraternity is not about blood, it is about sharing.
17. The guest is always the prisoner of the host.
18. The more you see, the more you understand.
19. The night might be long, but whether you want it or not, the day will announce itself.
20. Truth never rots.