24 Rwandan Proverbs.
1. A girl only gets pregnant once.
2. A man's heart is not a sack open to all.
3. Every cackling hen was an egg at first.
4. He who has travelled alone can tell what he likes.
5. Help from abroad always comes when the rain has stopped.
6. Hens keep quiet when the cock is around.
7. If you are building a house and a nail breaks, do you stop building, or do you change the nail?
8. If you shake a dog, you shake his owner.
9. If your mouth turns into a knife, it will cut off your lips.
10. In a court of fowls, the cockroach never wins his case.
11. In a fiddler's house, all are dancers.
12. Only God generates, man only educates.
13. Pregnancy and fire cannot be kept secret.
14. The most extensive land is the human belly.
15. The rich man never dances badly.
16. What itches in the daughter's skirt, itches also in her mother's.
17. When in someone else's home leave your defects at the door.
18. When the child falls the mother weeps; when the mother falls the child laughs.
19. When the leopard is away, his cubs are eaten.
20. When your beard appears, childhood disappears.