22 Russian Proverbs about WaterAll Russian Proverbs | Proverbs about Water
1. Not everything is a mermaid that dives into the water.
2. Once burned by milk you will blow on cold water.
3. Still water undermines the bank.
4. There may be deep bottoms in still waters.
5. Water does not run under a lying stone.
6. A drop of water in the eyes of the Tsar costs the country many handkerchiefs.
7. A wise man sees only water in the tears of a woman.
8. As long as the fish swims in the water, don't light up the grill.
9. Giving gifts to the rich is like pouring water into the sea.
10. Once you have fallen into the water, you're not scared of water any more.
11. The dog learns to swim when the water reaches his ears.
12. The tears of strangers are only water.
13. Water never loses its way.
14. Who falls in the water will hold on to the foam to save himself.
15. It's the still waters that are inhibited by devils.
16. Like two drops of water.
17. Do not spit into a well—it may be useful to drink water.
18. Still waters are inhibited by devils.
19. Beware of a quiet dog and still water.
20. One would like to eat fish, but would not like to get into the water.
Proverbs about Water
Quotes related to Water by Power Quotations