12 Russian Proverbs about TsarView All Proverbs about Tsar
1. A cross-eyed Tsar, one-eyed ministers, blind subjects.
2. A drop of water in the eyes of the Tsar costs the country many handkerchiefs.
3. Close to the Tsar, close to death.
4. Death carries on its shoulders a heavy Tsar just as easily as a light beggar.
5. Death is a giant against whom even the Tsars must draw weapons.
6. He who serves the Tsar cannot serve his people.
7. The past is for God, the future for the Tsars.
8. The Tsar has three hands but only one ear.
9. When the Tsar sins the Empire must do penance.
10. Your body belongs to the Tsar, your soul to God, and your back to the squire.
11. God is far up high, the Tsar is far away.
12. Russia was tsarist - became proletarian.
Proverbs about Tsar
Quotes related to Tsar by Power Quotations