17 Russian Proverbs about BackAll Russian Proverbs | Proverbs about Back
1. If you do not strike back at him who hits you, there is no way for him to find out whether you also have hands.
2. With lies you may go ahead in the world--but you can never go back.
3. Better to turn back than to lose your way.
4. He who offers his back should not complain if it is beaten.
5. If the fool has a hunchback no one remarks about it; if a wise man has a boil everybody talks about it.
6. Love has its own language, but marriage falls back on the local dialect.
7. The noblemen's quarrels can be read on the backs of the peasants.
8. Work makes you into a hunchback and then rich.
9. Your body belongs to the Tsar, your soul to God, and your back to the squire.
10. God gave, God took back.
11. Only death will cure the hunchback.
12. How echo is prompted, it will bounce back.
13. How is prompted, it will bounce back.
14. To us - in the tanks, going back - on the sleds.
15. However much you steal from your state, all the same you won't get your own back.
16. A liar can go round the world but cannot come back.
17. He took the devil's mat, but he'll pay back with his skin.
Proverbs about Back
Quotes related to Back by Power Quotations