1012 Russian Proverbs / Page 2
21. A field held in common is always ravaged by bears.
22. A field in common is always ravaged by bears.
23. A fisherman can recognize another fisherman from afar.
24. A fly cannot enter a closed mouth.
25. A fly will not come into a closed mouth.
26. A fly will not get into a closed mouth.
27. A fool is not afraid to lose his mind.
28. A fool may throw into a well a stone which a hundred wise men cannot pull out.
29. A friendly word is like a spring day.
30. A girl never grows into a lady.
31. A glass for the vodka, for the beer a mug, and for the table, cheerful company.
32. A golden handshake convinces even the most skeptical judge.
33. A good borrower is a lazy payer.
34. A good citizen owes his life to his country.
35. A good laugh is sunshine in a house.
36. A good man maybe, but it's best to shoot him.
37. A good merchant has neither money nor goods.
38. A good wife and a wholesome cabbage soup, what more could you want?
39. A good-looking man is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with an amusing one.
40. A goose doesn't befriend a pig.