1817 Romanian Proverbs
1. 'Tis a sorry ass that will not bear his own burden.
2. A bad beginning, a bad ending.
3. A bad woman is worse than a bad man.
4. A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
5. A bald head is soon shaven.
6. A barber learns to shave by shaving fools.
7. A barking dog never bites.
8. A bean in liberty is better than a comfit in prison.
9. A beggar's purse is bottomless.
10. A belly full of gluttony will never study willingly.
11. A bellyful is a bellyful, whether it be meat or drink.
12. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
13. A bird in your hand is worth two in the bush.
14. A black hen lays a white egg.
15. A blate cat makes a proud mouse.
16. A blind man may sometimes hit the mark.
17. A blind man will not thank you for a looking glass.
18. A boisterous horse must have a rough bridle.
19. A bow long bent at last waxes weak.
20. A broken friendship may be soldered, but will never be sound.