21 Roman Proverbs
1. A man who chases two rabbits catches none.
2. All roads lead to Rome.
3. All saint without, all devil within.
4. Beware the man of one book.
5. Either learn or leave.
6. Fear not a jest. If one throws salt at you, you will not be harmed unless you have sore places.
7. He who gives himself airs of importance, exhibits the credentials of impotence.
8. He who gives quickly gives twice.
9. He who restrains his anger overcomes his greatest enemy.
10. Hunger is a spice for any meal.
11. If you share your friend's crime you make it your own.
12. In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are kings.
13. In wine there is truth.
14. It is the part of a good shepherd to shear his flock, not to skin it.
15. Lovers are lunatics.
16. Never give a child a sword.
17. One who is ignorant will remain unnoticed.
18. That which nourishes me, destroys me.
19. Thou too art mortal.
20. To place yourself under an obligation is to sell your liberty.