33 Puerto Rican Proverbs.
1. A good beginning is half the work done.
2. Although the monkey might dress in silk, monkey it still is.
3. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
4. Break the leg of a bad habit.
5. Calling the devil is not the same as seeing him come.
6. Do not fear a stain that disappears with water.
7. Eat the bread of the man you hate and also of him you love.
8. God's greatest act was to make one day follow another.
9. He who excuses himself, accuses himself.
10. He who has servants has unavoidable enemies.
11. He who lacks ideas makes those of others his own.
12. He who was born for a small loaf, will never own a big one.
13. Hurriedness is not necessarily the daughter of foolishness, and delay is not necessarily the daughter of cowardice.
14. I will do anything except bear the responsibility of guarding a house that has two doors.
15. In the boss's eyes you'll always see ambition.
16. It is not enough for a man to know how to ride, he must also know how to fall.
17. Love is deed and not fine phrases.
18. Never say no due to pride, or yes due to weakness.
19. Silence was never written down.
20. Silk is cut best with old scissors.