242 Polish Proverbs / Page 2
21. A jug carries water until its handle breaks off.
22. A man is a wolf to another man.
23. A noisy cow gives little milk.
24. A person who is always nice is not always nice.
25. A poor dancer will be disturbed even by the hem of her skirt.
26. A pretty person looks pretty in every clothing.
27. A sore finger and a headache are standard excuses for not going to school.
28. A sparrow in your hand is better than a pigeon on the roof.
29. A whistling priest has a demon in his belly.
30. Add up your pennies, and buy a hen.
31. All roads lead to Rome.
32. All that glitters is not gold.
33. All times are good when old.
34. All's well that ends well.
35. An iron peace is better than a golden war.
36. Beautifully decorated plate won't feed anyone.
37. Beauty does not season soup.
38. Being ignorant of law is no excuse.
39. Better is one lady than 4 widows.
40. Better late than never.