13 Peruvian Proverbs.
1. Envy for a friend is like the taste of a sour pumpkin.
2. Favor your own first, then others.
3. Fortune and olives are alike: sometimes a man has an abundance and other times not any.
4. From the tree of silence hands the fruit of tranquility.
5. Gold, when beaten, shines.
6. If i listen i have the advantage, if i speak others have it.
7. It is better to prevent than to cure.
8. Lawyer for the rich, scourge of the poor.
9. Love looks through spectacles that make copper look like gold, poverty like riches, and tears like pearls.
10. Only he who carries it knows how much the cross weighs.
11. The child weeps for it's good and the old man for his ill.
12. When the road is long, even slippers feel tight.
13. Youth is intoxication without wine; old age, wine without intoxication.
13 Peruvian Proverbs