49 Palestinian Proverbs.
1. "Long ago" did not live long ago.
2. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
3. Away from the eye, away from the mind.
4. Care now, be cared for later.
5. Do good and throw it in the sea.
6. Do good if you expect to receive it.
7. Do not drink from a well and throw a stone into it.
8. Do not drink poison to quench a thirst.
9. Don't just cross a river -- cross it bearing fire.
10. Every eye has its look.
11. Every sheep is hung by its own leg.
12. Far from grave, no praying.
13. Go with the powerful and people will kneel before you.
14. Hit the iron while it's still hot.
15. IF only I were a bird! Ah, but eating caterpillars?
16. If you feed the mouth, the eye becomes shy.
17. If you sit at a crossroads, you will get sick.
18. Nobody is perfect.
19. Nobody will cut a head off except the One who put it on.
20. Nobody will plough the land except its cows.