75 Native American Proverbs
1. A brave man dies but once, a coward many times.
2. A man's life is a circle from childhood to childhood, and thus it is in everything where the power moves.
3. A pearl is worthless as long as it is in its shell.
4. After dark all cats are leopards.
5. All dreams spin out from the same web.
6. As you go the way of life you will see a great chasm. Jump. It is not as wide as you think.
7. Creation is continuous.
8. Do not change horses in the middle of the river.
9. Do not wrong or hate your neighbor for it is not he that you wrong but yourself.
10. Don't judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.
11. Don't judge any man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.
12. Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
13. Even a small mouse has anger.
14. Every animal knows more than you do.
15. Everything the Power does, it does in a circle.
16. Great Spirit, grant that I may not criticize my neighbor until I have walked a mile in his moccasins.
17. Haste is the mother of inaccuracy.
18. I am standing at the Earth's center.
19. If a man is to do something more than human, he must have more than human powers.
20. If it does not kill you, it will bring you happiness.