26 Native American Lakota Proverbs
1. A man or a woman with many children has many homes.
2. A man's life is a circle from childhood to childhood, and thus it is in everything where the power moves.
3. A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground. Then it is finished, no matter how brave its warriors or how strong their weapons.
4. Be satisfied with the needs instead of the wants.
5. Creation is continuous.
6. Do not speak of evil for it creates curiosity in the hearts of the young.
7. Everything the power does, it does in a circle.
8. Force, no matter how concealed, begets resistance.
9. I am standing at the Earth's center.
10. If you continue to contaminate your own home, you will eventually suffocate in your own waste.
11. Inner peace and love are the greatest of God's gifts.
12. It is observed that in any great endeavor, it is not enough for a person to depend solely on himself.
13. Knowledge is rooted in all things--the world is a library.
14. Many have fallen with the bottle in their hand.
15. May the Great Spirit walk with you.
16. No matter how hidden a force is, it will attract some kind of resistance.
17. See how the boy is with his sister and the other ones of his home lodge and you can know how the man will be with your daughter.
18. The center of the universe is everywhere.
19. The ones that matter the most are the children.
20. The power of the world always works in circles.