52 Myanmaran Proverbs.
1. A child without a mother is like a fish in shallow water.
2. A good tree can lodge ten thousand birds.
3. A man with little learning is like the frog who thinks its pond is an ocean.
4. An inflated idea can burst the bubble of your happiness.
5. Bad children? Guilty parents.
6. Day will not break thanks to the cackling of the chicken.
7. Do not bathe if there is no water.
8. Doctors must be old and lawyers must be young.
9. Dust does not rise because a dog-flea hops.
10. He who carries the word "no" with him will never be poor even when he is old.
11. He who carries too much tenderness will become a slave.
12. He who comes from hell is not afraid of hot ashes.
13. Ices plant a new, one.
14. If a centipede loses a leg, it can still walk.
15. If you don't have a brain, join the army; if you don't have rice, use beans instead.
16. If you take big paces you leave big spaces.
17. It is as difficult to win love as it is to pack salt in pine needles.
18. It is never later than midnight.
19. Karma is the mother and karma is the father.
20. Often a branch is broken off the tree by the one who has rested in its shadow.