182 Moroccan Proverbs.
1. A book is like a garden in the pocket.
2. A crucible for silver and a furnace for gold, but Allah tests the heart.
3. A devil takes one and makes two, a saint takes two and makes one.
4. A dog on the run is safely kicked.
5. A fly will not get into a closed mouth.
6. A fool's lips bring him strife and invite a beating.
7. A garden without a fence is like a dog without a tail.
8. A good name is more valuable than a velvet garment.
9. A handful of couscous is better than Mecca and all its dust.
10. A known mistake is better than an unknown truth.
11. A little nod is enough for the wise man; an ass needs a fist.
12. A narrow space looks wide to the narrow minded.
13. A pipe of kif in the morning gives one more strength than a 100 camels in the courtyard.
14. A stone from the hand of a friend is an apple.
15. A teacher will appear when the student is ready.
16. A wise man without a book is like a workman with no tools.
17. A wise woman has much to say and yet remains silent.
18. Abundance of money is a trial for a man.
19. All tests are self-adminstered.
20. Allah gives dried beans to eat to him who has no teeth left.