298 Mexican Proverbs.
1. A bird in hand is worth more than a hundred in flight.
2. A golden cage is still a cage.
3. A good cock will crow on every dungheap.
4. A good man finds his native soil in every country.
5. A good resolution is like an old horse, which is often saddled but rarely ridden.
6. A jealous lover becomes an indifferent spouse.
7. A lamp in the street, obscurity at home.
8. A man forewarned is equal to two.
9. A man without happiness is either not good or not well.
10. A person born to be a flower pot will not go beyond the porch.
11. A secret between two is god's secret; a secret between three is known to all.
12. A word and a stone once thrown away cannot be returned.
13. Agreements should be clearly expressed, and chocolate should be served thick.
14. All time spent angry is time lost being happy.
15. Although a monkey be dressed in silk, she is still a monkey.
16. Ambition never has it's fill.
17. An answer without a question signals guilt without question.
18. An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox.
19. An empty bag will not stay up.
20. An idle mind is the devil's playground.